Qualiservice’s research data infrastructure is adapted to suit social scientists’ study-specific and research-oriented needs.
Depositing data and sharing them with other researchers requires preparation of the research materials. Data preparation is a collaborative task involving the primary researchers and domain experts at Qualiservice. We assist you in calculating the costs for archiving and support the data preparation.
Before transferring research data to Qualiservice, you will be handed over a data transfer agreement. In this agreement you can include study-specific conditions such as embargoes, which allow the re-use of the data only after a particular time span. In consultation with Qualiservice, you define the safety categories for data and context materials. Qualiservice also supports you in anonymizing and contextualizing the research data and in editing the corresponding metadata. The metadata, along with the study report, make it easy to find information about the data and thus increase the international visibility of your research.
Qualiservice curates your data, which means that we organize them to make them available and citable. Your data and the study report will each get a Persistent Identifier (DOI). A final proofreading of the research materials by the researchers completes the archiving process.
Due to its sensitive content, Qualiservice does not make research data publicly available. Research data can only be accessed after a review of the usage request and after signing a usage agreement for scientific re-use in research or teaching.
Share data – step by step
Step 1: Contact us and receive more information on how to prepare data for archiving
- Contact us
- Assessment of necessary resources
- Advice on data preparation (individually and in workshops)
Step 2: Data transfer agreement and data transfer
- Signing the data transfer agreement (including e.g. specific protective measures and study-specific considerations based on research designs, research topics etc.)
- Data curation/preparation by Qualiservice
- Proofread by data depositors
Step 3: Data access
- Publication of the metadata and the study report (i.e., non-sensitive data)
- For access to research data, see menu item "using data"